Climate change is a global challenge, and the UK has set an ambitious goal to reduce greenhouse emissions to net zero by 2050. To contribute to this worldwide effort, Peru Consulting is committed to becoming a carbon-neutral enterprise.
What are our environmental aims?
As an IT consultancy, we have a corporate responsibility to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. We aim to promote environmental growth for the benefit of the wider community by:
- Emphasising the importance and value of a high-quality environment, while supporting local people’s enjoyment of it
- Conducting our work in a manner that minimises or eliminates any negative impact on our environment
- Encouraging the development of a circular economy
How will we achieve these aims?
Our targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are consistent with the reductions required to limit global warming to 1.5°C. These objectives are reviewed by our leadership team annually.
We will accomplish our aims by implementing three workstreams:
- Taking company-specific actions: We take specific measures to reduce our collective environmental impact. This includes adopting energy-efficient practices, reviewing our suppliers for sustainability, and working remotely whenever possible.
- Encouraging individual actions: We empower our better consultants to make environmentally conscious choices. By providing information and support, we encourage everyone associated with Peru Consulting to contribute to sustainability in their personal lives and advocate for positive change.
- Supporting community-wide actions: We seek opportunities to help offset carbon emissions by giving back to local communities and helping them understand the importance of carbon neutrality.