Find out how to develop compelling tender responses that resonate with customers by reading an extract from Peru’s Consulting’s “guide to better bidding”:
➊ First truly understand what your potential customer wants:
- An RFP or ITT will typically include the customers key objectives/strategy.
- If not make sure this is the first question you ask in any procurement process.
- Make it a priority to truly understand your prospective customers objectives.
➋ Ensure your response articulates how your solution can meet their objectives:
- Lead to your solution, not with your solution.
- Ensure your tender response is linked to your customers objectives.
- From your management summary through to specific responses to requirements.
➌ Ensure there is a golden thread from their objectives to your solution:
- First playback their objective and then associate it with your solution.
- A method for mapping objectives to solutions is a benefits dependency network
- This is a visual representation of how:
☑ Your solution can enable business change
☑ The business change can drive one or more benefits
☑ The realisation of the benefits will support the customers objectives.
- First seek to understand your customers key objectives
- Then illustrate how your solution meets them
- Start with the objectives not your solution.
As the famous saying goes “Begin with the end in mind”.